About the Wyoming SBDC Network
Wyoming’s Premier Source of Small Business Expertise
The Wyoming SBDC Network is a partnership between the University of Wyoming, the Wyoming Business Council, and the U.S. Small Business Administration offering business expertise and technical assistance to help you start, grow, reinvent, or exit your business.
As a member of the Wyoming’s Business Resource Network, we’ll make sure you get connected with the resources you need to succeed.
Click here to view the full 2020 Annual Impact Report
I want to start a business, where do I begin?
The best place to start is to always get in contact with your local Wyoming SBDC Network advisor.
I already own a business, can the Wyoming SBDC Network help me?
Absolutely. As you look towards the growth phase of your business, you can take advantage of our programs and services designed to help companies that are looking to expand their market.
My business is in trouble, is it too late for you to help?
It may not be too late, but it’s also never too early to correct a problem in your business. If you are looking to recover, reinvent, or exit your business, the Wyoming SBDC Network has resources to help.
What is an SBDC?
The Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network provides no-cost, confidential training and one-on-one advising to help entrepreneurs and small businesses succeed. Every state has an SBDC. We receive funding from the University of Wyoming, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Wyoming Business Council.
Where are you located?
We have nine offices located throughout the state. Our regional directors and business advisors cover every county in Wyoming and have helped entrepreneurs in every city. Can’t make it to one of our locations? No problem. We’ll meet you at your business, a coffee shop, or any public location.
Mission: We help businesses succeed
Vision: Wyoming’s leading provider of business expertise
Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Excellence
- Integrity – Be honest, trustworthy, ethical and credible in all dealings with co-workers, clients, and partners while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Respect – Nurture a learning culture philosophy that values others’ expertise, unique talents, experiences, and needs, encouraging personal and professional growth.
- Innovation – Foster creative and adaptive ways to meet the changing needs of clients and stakeholders.
- Excellence – Track emerging business and technology trends and lead in their implementation. Provide courteous, professional, timely, high quality service delivery.
- Ted Ladd, Faculty – Hult International Business School and Harvard University, Wilson, WY
- Melissa Allen, Owner – Sunlight Sports, Cody, WY
- Stacy Bair, Owner – Bairco Construction, Inc., Lovell, WY
- Elizabeth Minton, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Marketing – UW, Laramie, WY
- Brittany Ashby, Vice President – Align (representing WEDA), Cheyenne, WY
- Aiden (Doane) Emilio, Owner – Rex Specs, Jackson, WY
- John Dick, Commercial Loan Officer – First Interstate Bank, Sheridan, WY
- Scott Thayer, Senior Vice President – The Rawlins National Bank, Rawlins, WY
- Karen Plambeck, Gillette, WY
- Edmund Synakowski, VP – UW Office of Research & Economic Development
- Amy Lea, District Director – U.S. Small Business Administration
- Ron Gullberg, Business Development Director – Wyoming Business Council
- Jill Kline, State Director – Wyoming SBDC Network
- Paul Johnson, Associate State Director – Wyoming SBDC Network
- Jake Dixon, Marketing Manager – Wyoming SBDC Network
- Rocky Case, Director – Manufacturing Works
Want to help Wyoming businesses succeed? Donations can be made to the Wyoming SBDC Network through the University of Wyoming. Follow the steps below to give your gift.
- Visit UW’s donation page.
- Enter the amount and select the “View Individual UW Funds” option.
- Under designations, select “Other Fund Not Listed (Please Specify)” then click “continue.”
- Specify the fund as “Wyoming Entrepreneur”
- Select “Next”
- Complete the Personal Information section
- Select your payment method.