If you’re looking for more customers for your business, you might wanted to consider the world’s largest purchaser: the U.S. Government. You might be surprised at what federal, state and local governments are looking to buy from Wyoming small businesses. Here is a list of 10 products and services that government agencies are looking to purchase right now in Wyoming:
- Bread products: The Sheridan VA Medical Center is seeking sources to provide assorted bread products including 700 slices of Texas Toast, 625 hotdogs buns and 312 English Muffins annually.
- Office rental: The U.S. Department of Agriculture is looking to lease some office space in Pinedale and/or Buffalo.
- Tactical clothing: The U.S. Air Force is looking for a Wyoming business to provide cold weather tactical clothing
- Horse trailers: The Bighorn National Forest is in search of two gooseneck horse trailers to be purchased and delivered.
- Bunkhouse Remodel: The Department of Agriculture is looking for a contractor to demolish and remodel bunkhouses in Jackson.
- Optometry services: The Billings Area Indian Health Service in Fort Washakie, WY is looking for a certified optometrist to provide part-time services.
- Lawn care: The Cheyenne VA Medical Center is looking for qualified sources to perform weed and feed grounds services.
- Fencing and waterline supplies: The Big Horn National Forest is looking for a small business to provide treated posts, smooth wire, barbed wire, and more.
- Buckshot: The U.S. Department of Agriculture is looking to purchase 40,000 rounds of 12 Gauge shotgun ammo to remove feral animals.
- Snap-on toolbox/kit: The F.E. Warren Air Force Base needs an authorized Snap-On distributor to provide a Snap-On toolbox and kit with pre-cut foam to make tool inventory easier.
The list goes on and on. Is there a contract out there right now that your business could complete? If you would like to find out, contact Wyoming’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center or your local Wyoming Small Business Development Center Network advisor for free counseling and assistance. Visit WyomingSBDC.org to get started, or call (307)772-7372.
Andi Lewis is our PTAC Government Procurement Specialist. She has been doing PTAC work for over 6 years and enjoys helping business owners navigate the “bureaucratic quagmire” so that they can register and find government work. She has a background working for large Primes within the Department of Defense and is a former Lieutenant in the Naval Reserve.
When Andi isn’t busy helping small businesses work with the government, she enjoys training young horses. You can reach Andi at email@example.com or by phone at (307)772-7372.