If you are a small business owner preparing for a strategic planning session, you know that the approaches available to conduct strategic planning are as unique as your small business. It is critical to select a method or set of ideas that serve your business and match your team’s way of thinking through problems and processing ideas.
To help you organize a planning session that works for your business, we have collected our favorite resources you can refer to at any time and at no-cost.
- Biz Tip Article – Effective Methods for Small Business Strategic Planning: Explore four common tactics for creating a strategic plan. These four methods are well known in the business world and have a lot of free support and research to help you understand how they could fit into your vision.
- Webinar Series – Finding Your Competitive Advantage in a Post COVID-19 Economy: This three part series covers how to strategically plan the customer experience, a panel with our own business advisors on what they believe to be important to focus on now that we have emerged from the pandemic, and a deep dive into post-pandemic retail trends.
- Webinar Series – Business Growth Planning: Former Utah SBDC State Director, Ryan Murray, presents a series on how to build a plan for growth that works for your business. He covers how to break through plateaus, move your business forward, and create real results from your plan.
- Webinar Series – Strategies to Turn Uncertainty Into Competitive Advantage: Business consultant and author, Meridith Powell, provides a roadmap of how to grow your business and drive sales in highly shifting, constantly changing economic times. In Meridith’s latest book, Thrive, she explores the stories of leaders and organizations that have seen consistent growth through several economic crises. She will share their experiences in navigating turbulent economic times and show how your business can successfully move through uncertainty.
- One On One Counseling – Wyoming SBDC Network Advisors: Because a small business owners needs can be as unique as their business model, oftentimes connecting with your Wyoming SBDC Network advisor is the best choice to determine a path forward. Schedule your no-cost one on one advising appointment today to be sure that you receive assistance that is pertinent to your business needs.
About the Author: Maureen has held many roles in small businesses over the last decade including but not limited to: audio editor, copywriter, accounting assistant, marketing professional, event coordinator and even knitting instructor. She has lived in Wyoming for over seven years and is incredibly grateful to be able to assist the tenacious small business owners who make this state great. When she is not spreading the word about the Wyoming SBDC Network, you can find Maureen spending time with her family, quilting, knitting, and drinking copious amounts of coffee.