Written by guest author Mike Galloway of Our Wyoming Life
YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world with over 2 billion users and more than 500 hours of video uploaded every minute. Almost one-third of the population of earth access YouTube to find answers and pose questions to a community that feels connected and has what they need.
YouTube has a massive ecosystem:
- More content is uploaded to YouTube in 60 days than all three major US networks have generated in the last 60 years
- Six billion hours of video are watched monthly
- 17% of all internet traffic flows through YouTube
- 25% of views globally are from mobile devices
- Content is posted from 56 countries in 61 different languages
YouTube has almost unlimited opportunities for businesses and content marketers, but in truth, few businesses are actually investing in YouTube marketing.
Because it’s hard. It takes more time and it can be emotionally draining, but smart businesses know that the cost can be worth it.
If you are considering marketing on YouTube or just started and haven’t quite found your feet, then a recently-recorded webinar titled “Business Success with a Wyoming YouTube Star” from the Wyoming SBDC Network is for you. Register to gain access of the recording where we discuss our story and tell you how to apply our steps to success to your business.
Our channel, Our Wyoming Life, started as a way to promote our local business. However, through worldwide interest, we grew YouTube into a major part of our business.
In the webinar, you can learn:
- How to find your audience on YouTube
- How to make videos that attract views
- Basic video SEO
- How to make money on YouTube and how much you can make
- How to build a community that will stand behind you and become superfans of your business
There are a lot of pages and videos online about how to start a channel on YouTube, but few take you through the process in a way that feels organic and connects you to your viewers.
YouTube is a fantastic marketing opportunity for businesses interested in content marketing, almost all audiences use YouTube, and there isn’t too much competition yet.
If you have been considering YouTube marketing, come learn how we took our channel from a single four and half minute video and grew it into a community with over 100,000 people who anxiously await our newest and latest posts, videos, and products. You can do it too and it’s all about your story.
To register for the webinar, click here.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.