June 11, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Congress created multiple tax credits to assist small business owners during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out how you can request an advance of these credits, rather than waiting until you submit next year’s tax return.
Neki Cox from the Internal Revenue Service will discuss:
- Sick and Qualified Family Leave Wages Credit;
- The Employee Retention Credit; and
- How to Receive Advanced Money on These Credits
We will also have a brief update on other resources and assistance available to small business owners in Wyoming from CPA Sarah Sweeney and Wyoming SBDC Network State Director Jill Kline.
A Q&A session will follow.
For those unable to attend live, a recording of the event will be sent out the following day.
This week’s panelists include:
- Jill Kline, State Director, Wyoming SBDC Network
- Jill has been with the Wyoming SBDC Network since 1998 and loves nothing more than seeing entrepreneurs succeed. When she’s not in the office or on the road, Jill enjoys loving on her dogs Buttercup and Dilly, spending time with her husband, and knitting something cozy.
- Sarah Sweeney, CPA/Partner, Fagnant, Lewis & Brinda, PC
- Sarah Sweeney has nearly twenty years of experience in public accounting and became a partner with Fagnant, Lewis & Brinda, P.C. in 2011. Sarah works with a wide variety of clients, including closely-held corporations, professional practices and multi-generational family businesses in a variety of industries, including healthcare and not-for-profits. She has expertise in many areas, including small company management, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, non-qualified deferred compensation, and tax planning and technical research for closely held businesses and high-net worth individuals.
- Neki Cox, Sr. Stakeholder Liaison – Area 6, Internal Revenue Service
- Neki is a C&L Division Sr. Stakeholder Liaison in Denver. As a stakeholder relationship manager, she has served as a coordinator for IRS seminars, meetings, and multi-speaker engagements. he focuses on developing communication and educational opportunities with tax practitioner, civic, non-profit and for-profit business organizations in Wyoming and Montana. She leads and coordinates the IRS Disaster Assistance program with FEMA.
View Virtual Town Hall recordings by clicking the links below:
- 4/16/2020 – SBA Relief Efforts
- 4/23/2020 – Staying in Touch with Your Customers
- 4/30/2020 – WBC Wyoming Transition Webinars (in lieu of Virtual Town Hall)
- 5/7/2020 – Unemployment Benefits
- 5/14/2020 – EIDL/PPP Updates
- 5/21/2020 – Wyoming’s Small Business Strategy
- 6/4/2020 – Business Interruption Stipend Program (in lieu of Virtual Town Hall)
We are waiving registration fees on all our upcoming webinars and webinar recordings to help entrepreneurs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Register for any of our upcoming or previous webinars between now and June 30, 2020 and gain access at no cost.
Click here to view upcoming webinars
Click here to view recordings