May 21, 2024
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join the Wyoming SBDC Network as we welcome Jim Greenwood of Greenwood Consulting Group, Inc. In this virtual training you will learn more about how to prepare SBIR/STTR Cost Proposals. We will lead you through and make sense of the perplexing world of the SBIR/STTR cost proposal, and how to keep records to the government’s satisfaction when you win an SBIR or STTR award.
The workshop will cover:
• Basic government accounting concepts
• The FAR and its importance
• Formats of SBIR/STTR cost proposals for different agencies
• Keeping track of expenses
• Cost proposal formats for various SBIR agencies
• Exercise: Preparing an example Cost Proposal and how to calculate a reasonable indirect cost rate
• Audits of SBIR projects While aimed at SBIR/STTR competitors, this is a one-of-a-kind workshop that has proven valuable for any applicant for or recipient of government contracts and grants.
Presenters: Jim Greenwood, of Greenwood Consulting Group Inc., is a nationally recognized trainer and proposal reviewer for the SBIR and STTR programs. Greenwood taught SBIR/STTR workshops in 48 states plus Puerto Rico and Washington D.C., offering training through local and regional economic development groups, universities, federal laboratories, SBDCs and MEPs.