April 10, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This webinar will cover the basics of both of these two socioeconomic certification programs and their advantages. Emphasis will be placed on the qualifications and application process for each program. We’ll also cover:
- The types of documentation needed
- How and when to prepare detailed letters of explanation
- The difference between the types of Veteran-Owned Small Business certifications and how the VA set-asides differ from the rest of the federal government
- Formal certification vs self-certification for Women-Owned Small Businesses
- How to maintain these certifications
- How to use the certifications as a marketing tool
- And more!
Rich Lyles is the Manager for the Procurement Technical Assistance Center in the Wyoming Small Business Development Center Network. Previously, he worked as a Government Contracts Advisor and as the Deputy Director of the Procurement Outreach Program in the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development for five years.
Andi Lewis joined the Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) in July of 2013. She is a certified Veteran’s Assistance Counselor with the VA. Prior to working for the KU SBDC, Andrea worked for the Wyoming Women’s Business Center in Laramie. She spent ten years as a Naval Officer in the Naval Reserves, based primarily at PMTC.
Already Registered? Sign in for more information.
For those that are unable to attend ‘live” at that time, the program will be recorded and registered attendees will receive a link to the recorded session.