Are you an experienced business owner who wants to give back to the Wyoming entrepreneurial community?
Are you an entrepreneur in an ENDOW targeted industry?
If so, a new program from the University of Wyoming (UW) and the Wyoming Business Council (WBC) could be for you.
The Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network is also a collaborative effort between UW and the WBC and is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. So, we are happy to inform entrepreneurs about this new opportunity to help their business succeed.
What is the High Plains Mentor Network?
The High Plains Mentor Network matches mentors and mentees in the following industries:
- natural resource
- tourism & recreation
- advanced manufacturing
- knowledge and creative industries
These mentorships will last for at least 3-6 months and will focus on both the development of the entrepreneur and on the success of the startup.
Entrepreneurs can continue benefiting from Wyoming SBDC Network services during and after their mentorships.
Becoming a High Plains Mentor Network Mentor
If you are interested in becoming a mentor for the High Plains Mentor Network you can apply by clicking here: https://www.uwyo-iie.org/index.php/mentor/mentors
High Plains Mentor Network Entrepreneur Mentor Requirements:
- Have significant experience relevant to startups,
- Successfully launched a company,
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience,
- Are altruistic and have a goal to give back,
- Cannot accept compensation,
- Have time to commit to the program,
- Are respected by colleagues, and
- Can act as a role model for young/early stage entrepreneurs
Becoming a High Plains Mentor Network Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurs looking to get matched with a mentor through the High Plains Mentor Network can click here: https://www.uwyo-iie.org/index.php/mentor/entrepreneurs
High Plains Mentor Network Entrepreneur Requirements:
- Must have invested over a significant time into a business concept that is preferably in one of the ENDOW five targeted industries and scalable,
- Must know they need help and be coachable
- Must have identified their target market,
- Must have identified specific goals to be achieved during this program, e.g. find customers, develop a marketing strategy, develop a pitch deck or raise capital,
- But can be working on this project part time
If you haven’t already signed up for no-cost, confidential advising and assistance from the Wyoming SBDC Network, you can get start with your local advisor today by clicking here: https://www.wyomingsbdc.org/sign-up/