Learn what it takes to do business with a federal government prime contractor using a real-world example: The $80 to $100 million weapons storage and maintenance facility project at F.E. Warren Air Force Base.
Small businesses interested in working with a large federal contractor, or a prime federal contractor, on an estimated $80 to $100 million project at F.E. Warren Air Force Base can attend a training event July 19th from 10 AM to Noon at the Laramie County Library in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The event will be conducted by representatives of Bechtel National, a large prime federal government contractor. Chief Construction Engineer Luke Myers and Small Business Advocate Arch McAlister will help small business understand the following:
- Learn the process to become a supplier to a large federal government contractor
- Understand the different agreements used between a prime and its subcontractors
- Meet representatives from Bechtel National Inc.
- Learn more about the estimated $80 to $100 million weapons storage and maintenance facility project at F.E. Warren Air Force Base. (go to www.fbo.gov and search for Solicitation Number W9128F-15-R-0069 for more details about the project)
Small businesses interested in contracting with Bechtel Nation on the F.E. Warren AFB project who provide the following materials and services are encouraged to attend as well.
Contractors Providing the Following Materials
- Blast resistant doors
- reinforcing steel – supply & bending
- Fabricated structural steel
- Stainless steel panel fabrication
- Fire protection system
- Doors, insulating, security
- Aggregate for wall enfill
- Temporary fencing, signage
- Electrical Bulks
- Diesel Tank
- Plumbing bulks
- Temporary power insulation
- Safety supplies – PPE
- Tools, consumables
- Construction equipment/crane (rental)
- Fuel Purchase
Contractors Providing the Following Services
- Concrete supply – batch plant
- Geothermal wells/HVAC/boiler skid (furnish/install)
- Reinforced soil back-fill
- Mass earthworks/mass excavation
- Hauler (aggregate, flatbeds)
- Offsite lay-down
- Offsite climate controlled storage
- Off-site parking
- Personnel busing services
- Asphalt paving
- Concrete road paving
- Material testing (concrete & soils)
- Site trailers
Registration is preferred, but walk-ins are welcome. There is no fee to attend.
Representatives from our own Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) team will be on hand to meet one-on-one with businesses needing to register as a federal contractor.
Register for this event online or contact the Wyoming SBDC Network PTAC team at email@example.com or 307-772-7372 for more information.
Already Registered? Sign in for more information.
SBDC Network programs and services are provided to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Language assistance services for clients with limited English proficiency will be provided.