Wyoming APEX Accelerator is looking for a Procurement Advisor (Job Posting #230589) who is a dynamic, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication skills who appreciates the benefit and importance of working with Wyoming’s small businesses to expand their sales into the government markets, the world’s largest customer. This role will provide advising, assistance, and training to small businesses across the state of Wyoming in the specialty area of government contracting (both state and federal). One-on-one client advising and training opportunities are provided face-to-face and via distance methods (including phone and web video conferencing). Advising encompasses government regulations, government purchasing processes, marketing to the government, completing government registrations, effective bid preparation, successful completion of contracts, procuring a General Services Administration (GSA) schedules contract, and government set-asides and special programs for culturally and economically disadvantaged populations. The advisor must be familiar with other regional, state, and national business resources and how they benefit small businesses. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders, and referral sources.
The employee in this role must be able to stand in for the Apex Accelerator program manager at meetings, trainings, and events as needed, and assist the program manager in data collection for periodic government reporting and program budget formulation and expense monitoring. This position reports directly to the Apex Accelerator program manager.
This position may be eligible for remote work. The preferred location for this position is Casper, Northeast Wyoming, or Cheyenne but candidates located throughout the state will be considered.
This position is grant-funded and considered at-will employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an effective and responsive team member of the Wyoming SBDC Network and procurement advisor for the Apex Accelerator.
- Provide one-on-one advising to Wyoming small business clients in all phases of obtaining and fulfilling government procurement contracts described above in the Job Purpose section and in the following points.
- Provide timely, effective, and professional advising to diverse clients statewide through a variety of methods including face-to-face meetings, phone, email, and web-conferencing. Assist clients with developing successful strategic plans for government contracting. Assist clients with assessing opportunities for government work, completing necessary registrations, evaluating client’s potential eligibility for certification programs, and assisting clients through certification processes as appropriate. Assist clients in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), and Invitation for Bids (IFBs).
- Provide post award support to businesses that win government contracts.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with various regional economic development resources and governmental purchasing representatives to better serve small business needs in securing government contracts.
- Participate fully in Wyoming SBDC Network activities to maximize network capacity to meet client needs. Provide research and information to assist small businesses in marketing to government agencies and securing government contracts.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, stakeholders and referral sources including in-person and virtual networking.
- In collaboration with Program Manager, design, schedule and implement training sessions and workshops to be delivered in-person and/or virtually.
- In cooperation with the program manager, develop, facilitate, and present a variety of business workshops, conferences, and on-site and distance-delivered training and educational events to promote small business participation in government contracting.
- Ability to positively represent and promote Apex Accelerator services.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, communication, or related field from an accredited college or university and/or successful equivalent experience in professional consultation in business development or local, state or federal government procurement.
Experience: Minimum two years’ business advising and/or consulting experience.
Required licensure, certification, registration or other requirements:
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.