The Wyoming SBDC Network is looking for a Regional Director (Job Posting #212806) to provide educational business advising, leadership, vision, and oversight for the Northwest region of the Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network. The Wyoming SBDC Network is a statewide program at the University of Wyoming that offers technical assistance to Wyoming businesses and entrepreneurs who want to maximize their potential for success. The NW Wyoming office is located in Powell, WY and serves Big Horn, Hot Springs, Park, and Washakie Counties as well as statewide with areas of expertise. This position includes delivery of education, advising, training, and networking services as well as budgetary and operational management of the regional program.
- Serving as a team member of the Wyoming SBDC Network and regional director for the Northwest region of the Wyoming SBDC Network and statewide with areas of expertise.
- Providing leadership, vision, strategic planning, development, and oversight of the NW Wyoming region.
- Determining the needs of this multiple county small business region; meeting those needs with education, advising, business training programs, executive programs, and other services. In addition, collecting and measuring the impact of those services to ensure that the needs are satisfactorily met. Business assistance may be offered through a variety of methods including face-to-face meetings, phone, email, and online advising or web conferencing.
- Coordinating, preparing, and delivering business services, educational and training programs, and events.
- Work with the Small Business Administration, Wyoming Business Council, various other regional economic development providers, and regional bankers, etc., to strengthen working relationships to better serve small business needs.
- Participating fully in Wyoming SBDC Network activities to maximize the organization’s capacity to fully meet client needs.
- Providing research and information to prepare business plans, access to capital, financial management/analysis, and loan portfolio development and recommendations to clients.
- Providing specialized advising succession planning and business valuation or possess the enthusiasm and ability to obtain training/certification in this area.
- Serving the primary spokesperson for Wyoming SBDC Network Northwest region.
- Financial competency including budgeting, developing cash flow projections, understanding of business finances, and financial analysis
- Hands-on business planning, strategic planning, and development skills, including but not limited to, knowledge of human resources practices, procedures, and management, as well as market and operations planning
- Design and Deliver training programs
- Work with multiple partners, stakeholders, and community leaders
- Self-motivated/directed, work independently, and as a team player
- Competent computer technology user (including web conferencing, databases, MS Office Suite, digital marketing, etc.)
- Ability to travel with a valid driver’s license
This position will close on December 12, 2021.