The Wyoming SBDC Network is looking for a Regional Director (Job Posting #230244) to provide educational business advising, leadership, vision, and oversight for the Southeast region of the Wyoming Small Business Development Center Network. The SBDC is a statewide program at the University of Wyoming. It offers technical assistance to Wyoming businesses and entrepreneurs that want to maximize their potential for success. The Southeast office is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and serves Laramie and Goshen Counties. This position includes delivery of educational advising, training webinars and workshops, and networking services as well as budgetary and operational management of the regional program.
- Serve as team member of the Wyoming SBDC Network and regional director for the Southeast region of the SBDC. The region includes the counties of Goshen and Laramie.
- Provide leadership, vision, strategic planning, development, and oversight of the Southeast region.
- Determine the needs of a multiple county small business region; meet those needs with advising, business training programs, executive programs, and other services. In addition, measure the impact of those services to ensure that the needs are satisfactorily met. Business assistance may be offered through a variety of methods including face-to-face meetings, phone, email and online advising, or web conferencing.
- Coordinate, prepare, and deliver business services, educational and training programs, and events.
- Work with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Wyoming Business Council, University of Wyoming, and various other local and regional economic development providers and regional bankers to strengthen working relationships to better serve small business needs.
- Participate fully in Wyoming SBDC Network activities to maximize the organization’s capacity to fully meet client needs.
- Provide research and information to prepare business plans, financial management/analysis, and loan portfolio recommendations to clients.
- Provide specialized advising in all aspects of international trade.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Wyoming SBDC Network Southeast region.
- Reports directly to the state director of the SBDC.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or successful equivalent experience in professional consultation in business management, development, administration, and leadership.
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness—team player, great listener, thoughtful, open-minded, progressive, visionary, conscientious, positive attitude, and customer service oriented
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Dynamic leader, advisor, coach, and mentors
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.