While a government shutdown on October 1 was averted, that stop-gap funding bill was temporary. Read on for things to be aware of as government shutdowns are always a possibility in a politically divided country.
Possible Outcomes of a Government Shutdown Include:
- Federal facilities could be closed
- New contracts or modifications could likely cease along with a delay in the acquisition process for procurements
- Non-essential government employees could be furloughed and unavailable
- Invoices could go unpaid or be delayed until the shutdown is over
How Can You Best Prepare as a Government Contractor:
- Determine whether a shutdown could impact your organization
- If your organization would be potentially impacted, begin to determine what that would look like and potential strategies to mitigate impacts
- Keep in close communication with your contracting officer
- Keep in close communication with your prime or subcontractors
The Wyoming APEX Accelerator team members are available to assist you and answer any questions but understand that every shutdown is different, and there are many uncertainties, including whether we even have a shutdown. Connect with the team today at WyomingSBDC.org/WyomingAPEXAccelerator today!